Kyle Pozan focuses his practice on a variety of civil matters as a member of the firm’s antitrust, class action, premises liability, product liability, asbestos, automotive and trucking, and business litigation practice groups. Kyle has considerable experience with written and oral fact discovery, having taken depositions in some of the nation’s largest class action cases, briefing class certification, and drafting and arguing dispositive motions. He is also well-versed in all areas of e-discovery and has used his experience in that field to leverage outstanding results for his clients.
Kyle currently serves as Co-Chair of the Corporate Practice Committee for the Chicago Bar Association's Young Lawyers Section. He is passionate about giving back to the community, and recently served as a mentor for high school students at a local charter school. Kyle is also a certified volunteer mediator.
This year, Kyle was selected as an Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star in the area of class actions, an honor given to no more than 2.5% of lawyers under the age of 40.
While in law school, Kyle served as an Editor of the Seventh Circuit Review, which published his work.
Kyle lives in Chicago with his wife and daughter.
- Indiana University–Bloomington, B.A., 2008
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2011
- Illinois, 2011
- Missouri, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2015
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star (Class Actions & Mass Torts), 2020 & 2021
- Dean’s Honor List
- The Seventh Circuit Review, Editor
- Real Estate Law Student Association, Vice President and Treasurer
- In re Broiler Chicken Antitrust Litig., No. 1:16-cv-08637 (N.D. Ill.). Firm appointed as liaison counsel in an ongoing antitrust class action on behalf of the direct purchaser plaintiffs against broiler chicken producers.
- In re Pork Antitrust Litig., No. 0:18-cv-01803 (D. Minn). Firm represents class of direct purchaser plaintiffs in an active antitrust class action against pork producers.
- In re Keurig Green Mountain Single-Serve Coffee Antitrust Litig., No. 1:14-md-02542 (S.D.N.Y.). Firm obtained a $31 million settlement on behalf of the class of indirect purchaser plaintiffs in an antitrust class action against Keurig.
- In re Potash Antitrust Litig. (II), No. 1:08-cv-06910 (N.D. Ill.). Firm appointed as liaison counsel and achieved a recovery of $90 million for the direct purchaser plaintiff class.
- Smith, et al. v. City of Chicago, et al., No. 1:15-cv-03467 (N.D. Ill.). Firm serving as co-lead counsel in an ongoing class action on behalf of the plaintiffs against the City of Chicago for unconstitutional stops and frisks.
- Peoples v. Cook County, et al., No. 1:19-cv-07712 (N.D. Ill.). Firm serving as co-lead counsel in an ongoing class action on behalf of the plaintiff against the Sheriff of Cook County for unconstitutional overdetentions.
- Field v. Exel Inc., et al., No. 2016L00096 (DeKalb County, IL). Obtained summary judgment on behalf of logistics company in a premises liability case involving snow and ice.
- Wilkins Buick, Inc., et al. v. Mazda Motor of America, Inc., 1:14-cv-02908 (N.D. Ill.). Obtained judgment on the pleadings and secured a dismissal with prejudice for an international automobile manufacturer in a declaratory judgment action.
- Holmes, et al. v. City of Racine, et al., No. 2:14-cv-00208 (E.D. Wisc.). Successfully represented minority business owners in a Section 1983 lawsuit against the City of Racine.
- Beal v. Office Depot, Inc., No. 13-sc-008410 (Milwaukee County, WI). Obtained defense verdict following a bench trial for a national retail corporation in case alleging deceit and emotional distress.
- Quiroga v. RJC Quality Electric, Inc., No. 2010L013754 (Cook County, IL). Obtained summary judgment in personal injury suit on behalf of a construction subcontractor allegedly responsible for unsafe condition of work site.
Professional & Civic Involvement
- The Sedona Conference’s Brainstorming Group on Discovery and Preservation of Data from the Internet of Things (IoT), Member (2020–Present)
- Chicago Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section, Corporate Litigation Committee, Co-Chair (2019–Present)
- Complex Litigation E-Discovery Forum, Member (2016–Present)
- Equip for Equality, Volunteer (2013–2014)
- Legal Prep Charter Academy, Student Mentor (2013)
- Certified Mediator, Cook County Circuit Court (2011)
- The Apex Doctrine: Protecting Corporate Executives From Abusive Discovery Practices, International Comparative Legal Guide to Product Liability Journal (2014).
- LexisNexis Practice Guide: Illinois Personal Injury Litigation,” Editor (2014 Ed.).
- Scrutinizing the Seventh Circuit: How the Court Failed to Address the “Levels of Scrutiny” Quagmire in United States v. Skoien, 6 Seventh Circuit Rev. 337 (2010).