Privacy, Cybersecurity and Data Breach
Privacy, cybersecurity, and data breach litigation is truly the “new frontier” and no business is immune. Although large-scale data breaches at big businesses are the ones that dominate the news, data breaches occur across all industries and cyber security can be critical for even the smallest business. Preparedness is the key; if not adequately prepared to avoid and address potential cyber-threats, a business can quickly become exposed to unexpected liability and catastrophic penalties.
Hart McLaughlin & Eldridge consult with and defend businesses in this increasingly complex and sophisticated area of law. On a consulting level, we help our clients protect their data and minimize the risk of cybersecurity or data breaches by:
- Educating clients on the complicated privacy laws and regulations
- Training employees and contractors on best practices
- Reviewing and drafting policies and procedures
- Conducting risk assessments
We also counsel clients on necessary and appropriate actions in the event of a breach, including:
- Compliance with data breach notification laws
- Coordination of an immediate emergency response to cap the breach, secure the network and preserve evidence
- Internal investigations
Last, in the event of litigation or governmental investigation, the lawyers at Hart McLaughlin & Eldridge have extensive experience defending privacy and consumer protection cases, both as individual plaintiff cases and class actions. Contact us to learn more about how our legal team can help you.